Friday, July 10, 2009

It's been a while!

I have been awol for a while. There's a reason... fundraising season, finishing off the basement project and the lame-ness that is my life. The sad part is that it has made me very busy! So I'm going to do Seven Takes that is inspired by Conversion Diary!

My seven takes:
  1. What is it about Stampede and all the surrounding events that brings out the best and the worst in a city? This week I have experienced: bad alcohol shirts (some not even being shirts), free pancake breakfasts for all, sardine style packed trains and people that have raised money for charity... What a crazy week!
  2. 16 year olds eat a ton of food! Now it isn't boys but girls that are active can pack it away... not fair especially when they complain that Canadian stores don't have small enough women's clothes for them. I think that it shows God's grace that I suggested the girls' clothing section without guffawing.
  3. Having many people around you on vacation is good for thinking. I have had way better success with long term plan for the upcoming year without interruptions. The Office is funny funny funny!
  4. How do you break to the one temporary international student that is obsessed with the 80s that really and truly, the 80s had cool things but the fashion? Hmmm... it's meant to stay in the 80s.
  5. IKEA easy assemble furniture isn't meant to be put together around young children. All the easiness evaporates for the last two steps when it JUST doesn't work. This also shouldn't be done when you are in a rush to leave the house! Your thumb may accidentally be jammed by yourself under a table leg-banging it hard doesn't work well when it includes some of your digits.
  6. I love my slow cooker! I love it. I love it. It helps me survive those seasons when I have international students. How do people live without one?
  7. Summertime is fabulous. Sunshine is great. Being outside rocks. Enjoying others and hanging out with old friends at a pool-there isn't anything like it! I don't know that I want to live in the Great White North all the time.
Hope you're doing well! I got to leave work early today so I'm a happy camper!

1 comment:

Bargainista said...

i was rewarded today when i checked your blog.
Know you've been busy, but welcome back. Missed your musings.
Hope you are able to take some time and sit down and enjoy your summer,too.