Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm BACK!

If anyone checks this out... I'll be shocked. I've been totally out of the loop in the last little bit. A dead computer for a good chunk of a month Really doesn't help.

So a month in review:
*Winter totally sucks!!! Being in a deep freeze at -37C is not fun... and the fact that this city doesn't clear the roads very well allows someone to rear end you. (I'm fine... just have my schedule at the mercy of the auto shops... those people must be loaded in this city!)
*When you have to be super duper creative at work, sometimes there is nothing left for any creativity when you get home. Imagine someone wandering around saying, "What was I going to do? Dinner-what's that?"
*Having a warm vacay to look forward to makes the winter better-worth every single second of hosting two-three students this summer.
*Christmas baking sounds way more romantic than reality proves itself to be. Flour gets everywhere-what would I do if I had a dog? I'd have Jackson Pollock-esque art all over the floors.

I'm back and now have more inspiration! News about my exciting life to follow!

Have a great CHristmas holiday. News to follow about my mom's great Christmas capers with the Neighborly Christmas cards contest.

5 comments:

granola_granny said...

Knittin, It's fabulous to have you back! I know what you mean about Christmas baking being over-rated. It seems to take more skill than I've got to make and more will power than I have to get off once it's clinging to my thighs. Have a super warm holiday. I will think of you and yours as I shovel our driveway.

Anonymous said...

I thought you told you that Calgary had warmer weather then Saskatchewan

Jadielady said...

That's the great thing about subscribing :)
Welcome back!

momofthecrazies said...

Nice to have you back. Sorry you got rear-ended. Is there much damage?

Have a super Christmas and enjoy every second of the warm weather!

Bargainista said...

Hey you're Back! Great!!! and it took me 5 days to find that out!

Sorry to hear that you need help w. your rear end. May it all come out looking good!