Thursday, October 2, 2008

Excuse me sir

Conversation recently heard inside my head,

"I am so happy to be leaving work at a human hour like 3:00. I'll stop at Costco and get a new anti-virus program for my computer... b/c I am such a fun girl!"

"Why did I think that stopping at Costco and then standing in line was a great way to spend a gorgeous afternoon? Now I'm stuck in 4:00 rush hour."

"Oh, this is the challenging part... to get over into the next lane of traffic quickly when it is so packed."

"There's a nice man with a car full of family. He'll let me in... why isn't he letting me in? I'm signalling, waving, trying to get his attention and basically making the people behind me want to write down my licence plate. Sir! Sir! Sir!"

"Oh my word, he is texting. Texting! TEXTING! in the middle of rush hour. Sweetheart (aka Dumbhead's wife), you might want to think about driving next time.... I think that when they make all these media pleas for people to pull over when they are talking on their cell phones, they just assumed that no one would be texting in the middle of rush hour while people are driving fast in stop & go traffic. I guess the insurance bureau could make some serious money with me and my new ad campaign for Just Say No to Texting in Traffic."

"Seriously!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I hope that you didn't write this post this off your blackberry

Bargainista said...

Go for the ad writting.

Glad you weren't travelling behind me when i had my job of doing presentations and i would prepare them on my steerwheel as i drove to the next one. (no body needs to get upset, i don't do 'that' anymore!)

happygeek said...

I never text in traffic.
I stick to safer stuff like referring fights, resucing sippy cups, answering 60 billion questions, turning up the volume on Barney, doling out snacks.
IT's best to stay far away from Mini-vans.

momofthecrazies said...

It grieves me to see what people do when they're driving. If they want to put their life in jeopardy, go for it, but usually it's the innocent people that get injured. There. That's my rant for the day.

Hope you have a good week!