Monday, October 27, 2008

In which I become my mother

Sorry about the lack of chatter from my world these past few weeks... I have become my mother and it has been taking up a good chunk of my time ... as demonstrated by the following:
  • I finally am fed up with my 'dress size' or the size of my assets... although the mutual funds aren't in any place to retire these days, the other assets are becoming quite an outstanding issue. So, I signed up for Curves. I always thought of it as an old lady place until I tried that stupid machine for your arms and the lady kept on saying, "Faster, Faster!" I know that you are trying to encourage me... but seriously, I just want to die right now.
  • My student is constantly on the computer msning, facebooking and talking on her cell phone all at the same time in the evenings. This impedes my ability to blog, surf the web or post pictures on my favorite ravelry discussion group.
  • I have heard things like, "I don't want to make lunch unless you're going to eat it or I will make this lunch and if you don't want it, feel free to make your own."
  • I have been buying yogurts in a tube (on sale of course!) to trick my teenage student into eating more healthy options.
  • I got all excited about a healthy eating option for purchasing foodstuffs so that I can 'hide' more healthy options in the food.

And last but definitely not least:

  • I met a kid err adult that I knew from when I was a college student from my parents' hometown last night who faced some incredibly deep waters as a teenager. I hadn't seen him in probably close to 13 years and he is married, has a lovely little baby girl and is doing well at a job that is making a significant community difference.
  • I was so blessed by seeing him that I went home with such a grateful heart. That's the sort of thing that would carry my good-hearted mom for days and I intend to let it carry me through a pretty intense week that I have ahead of me!

Off I go to save the world... well, honestly, just to get to work and try to have enough energy to face fixing that computer tonight!

4 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

Hi...we've missed you!! Sounds like you're keeping busy with your student, and Curves, and all. Have a good week!

Playing by the Fountain said...

Too cool! You are back.

The only scary part of your blog is that I pretty much identified with all of the posts. Ah, but it's so good.

Bargainista said...

What a great Blog posting! You had me teary eyed by the end of it. Hmmm! Think that the title was right on.

So glad that you're able to get back to posting again!

Have fun at Curves and good for you!

happygeek said...

Curves.
It's all downhill from here my friend. Next you know you'll be drinking silver tea.
:)