Sunday, March 15, 2009

Death of an era!

Pull out the tissues, hankies or whatever will be needed. There has been a death of an era. This is truly one of the saddest things ever:

Dollarama has gone away from their AMAZING philosophy of everything costing a loonie. They now charge $1, $1.25, $1.50 and $2 for some items. Slay me now. Upon some deep research (chatting to the friendly clerk) it appears that there are some new items that are significantly nicer than the loonie items. With some prodding (well, a friendly smile and a question) she admitted that there have been items that have gone up in price.

Wahhhh... this store doesn't have the same deep loyalty that it has always garnered. I am now on the search for a store that has my undying loyalty! Dollarama, consider yourself warned!

6 comments:

Bargainista said...

Think i need to send you some toonies. Don't dispair. The items that are over a dollar, i think, are worth the quarter or increase. They are still one of my favorite places to shop and you know what my name is....

...However should you find a better store, keep me informed.

Bargainista said...

Oophs!!
Yes, i do know how to spell despair!

Anonymous said...

Just note to future son in laws and daughter in laws. Barginista is well known to leave on the price tags when giving a gift.

momofthecrazies said...

I did notice that about Dollarama. I have to check a little closer now to see if I'm really getting a great deal.

granola_granny said...

I join you in lamenting the death of the Lone Loonie shopping. Dollarama is using an excellent marketing technique, bringing in a few new items while simultaneously raising prices. Thank-you for keeping the rest of us informed. We will now shop with due care and attention.

happygeek said...

Grrr to Dollarama. But the stuff is still cheaper than wally-mart so I will still go.