Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm the oldest!

To my brother...

You have always been my baby brother. No matter how much taller than me you get (as in one complete foot) or that you will hit 30 too no it won't avoid you totally, you will always be younger than me... yes, deal with it!

We just hung out for a whole week (around my crazy work week) and basement building and here is what I want to say to you...
  • Taking pictures of my butt when I'm leaning over something... seriously! Do brothers always do these things?
  • Patting my head when you hug me makes me wonder if we've left junior high
  • Asking me to find you a Nail Bender is not cool... b/c it takes a while before I realize that you're talking about a hammer-hah, hah, KC takes a while to get that one
  • But the biggest thing is that I want to say thank you! You worked your butt off on developing my basement-framing, drywalling, lifting heavy things, priming the walls, doing my ceiling at 6:30 in the morning... You are such a trooper and helping me with my basement... well, basically you were rocking the free world... or at least your sister's world
So... even though you'll always be my younger (but taller!) brother, I now know that you can work really hard and you have left your mark on my house. The house says thank you! 

5 comments:

Bargainista said...

Lucky you...to have time w. your brother, and get such a huge project in your basement nearly complete.
Sounds like your 'little brother' is now your big brother!

happygeek said...

Glad you were able to put him to work!

Playing by the Fountain said...

Good work bro!
Not to worry KC, I spent 20 minutes looking for a sky hook once while all the guys peed their pants laughing.

Unknown said...

Your brother sound like a great guy. To bad that he is swamped with paper work with the business.

granola_granny said...

Ha! When I got my first real job working in the Hardware Dept I fell for that 'sky hook' line too. I was a little more savvy by the time they asked for the left handed screw driver and told them to look in Housewares.
So glad you got a great looking basement. Ain't family grand?